The project “KoMoD – Kooperative Mobilität im digitalen Testfeld Düsseldorf” is part of the funding project ” Automation and Networking in Road Traffic” of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI). The total project volume amounts to 14.8 million euros, with a funding volume of 9 million euros.
In KoMoD, new technologies will be tested under real conditions on a 20-kilometer test track. These technologies focus on vehicle infrastructure networking as well as highly automated networked driving.
GEVAS software pursues two goals in the KoMoD project:
On the one hand, GEVAS‘ traffic management software VTmanager, which has been controlling traffic at the traffic system management center in Düsseldorf for years, is to be expanded so that it can be used as a central platform for highly automated driving in municipalities.
On the other hand, GEVAS software will test its Green Wave Assistant trafficpilot in the real urban environment of the city over a longer period of time. trafficpilot is a smartphone app that visually and acoustically signals cyclists and car drivers reguarding the needed speed to pass the next traffic light without stopping.
- Calculation of a red-green forecast of the traffic lights in the entire urban area of the state capital Düsseldorf from the traffic control center‘s servers.
- Display of the red-green forecast in a smartphone app (ANDROID and IOS)
- Functions for automatic map recognition and for determining the traffic light ahead in the direction of travel (server-side)
- Communication via mobile radio
- Modes for bike and car
- Voice output recommendation of the required speed to reach green at the next traffic light